One of my all time favorite things that I no longer eat due to stomach sensitivities is regular, good old fashioned pizza. However – my favorite food “genre” if you will, is BREAKFAST. I could literally eat breakfast for all three meals and be satisfied. Anyone else?
This is why I’ve created a super macro-friendly, customizable breakfast pizza courtesy of Trader Joes “lavash bread” (because honestly, I have yet to find a suitable replacement) and it is SO. FREAKIN. GOOD. You have to try this on a slow Sunday morning: it’s one of my absolute favorite recipes.
- In a square pan, spray lightly with coconut oil spray (or any type of spray) and lay your lavash bread down. Place the pan on the stove top over low/medium-low heat.
- I prefer to use salsa as a “sauce” for the pizza, but you can use whatever you’d like!
- Add spinach or veggies of your choice. I sometimes like to add cherry tomatoes and mushrooms, and then cover with a lid to let the spinach wilt.
- I also heat up some Applegate Natural’s chicken sausages and add two of those to the pizza as well.
- In a separate pan, start cooking some eggs or egg whites. Either works, but just scramble them to the point of right before they are cooked. You don’t want them to be too dry!
- Add those to the top of your pizza and then top with your choice of shredded cheese. I personally love the Trader Joe’s almond cheese, and it melts just like real cheese!
- Take the entire pan and put it in the oven on “broil” for a few minutes (everyone’s oven will be different) and watch the edges. Once they get a little crisp on them, it’s good to go!
- I like to top mine with some avocado slices and italian seasonings. Sometimes I’ll even add hot sauce if I’m feeling spicy 😛
Macros: 37g Protein, 47g Carbs, 14g Fat